Expand my Community achievements bar.

Digital Signatures getting deleted and cannot figure out why...

Former Community Member

Good Morning,

I've created a somewhat complicated form and in the 11th hour I was asked to bake in the user digitally signing it (we had gotten away from this so i didn't plan for it). I've tried to integrate it into my form, but keep finding that after the user signs the form (which locks about 95% of the content) upon interacting with another function that is not unlocked (by design) i find that the entire form then unlocks and the signature is suddenly lost. I'll explain below some more context on the form.

The form is approx 15 pages of content, all of which are presented on a single screen. I've placed a set of navigation buttons on the left side of the screen that allow the user to cycle through the various pages. The rest of the screen is the "content" pages the user enters. All Content pages are hidden unless the user selects the corresponding button in the NAV menu on the left.

In concept the user will complete the content and sign the form, which will lock all right side content sections but leave the left side unlocked. The user is going to send this form to my internal fulfillment group to process the content so i want them to be able to cycle through the screens using the nav buttons. As part of the signature i created a collection with all the "content" and intentionally did not select any of the NAV functions on the left. The signature field indicates to only lock fields in the selection.

What I've found is when you sign the form, all the content locks as anticipated (Nav remains unlocked as expected). However, for some reason if you click any of the navigation buttons the form completely unlocks again and the signature disappears.

Are there any conditions/arguments that would forcibly remove the signature? I have no scripts on any other fields that reference the signature field so i'm in the dark as to why this is happening. My only thought would if one of my Navigation buttons has a condition to change the access of a field to "open" that is currently locked if that might be causing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

I may have figured this out. When I Implemented the signature field I added a summary/submission page that the signature field lived on. I had a toggle button that would allow the user to flip back and forth between the summary/submission page and the content pages.

I moved the signature field from the summary screen and just placed on one of the main pages that is never hidden and now it works perfectly fine.

Is it a condition of LC when you hide the signature field that is signed?