Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Difficulty Editing Existing Form

Level 1

I need to modify an existing form. When opened in LC ES3 i can't edit regular text, the solution to which seems to be to "Save As Copy" In order to clear some security settings. After doing this all the fields disappeared and I still couldn't edit the regular text. I looked for an answer in JP Terry's book and on YouTube with no luck. I'm hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks,

db

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks, Bruce. I don't think so, but, it's a little hard to tell since I don't see any indicators or shading to signal that Lock Static Objects or either of the other two options are in play. I gave up and rebuilt the form in Acrobat Pro DC.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi DB,

In Designer under the Edit menu, is anything selected under lock, especially Lock Static Objects.

Bruce

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks, Bruce. I don't think so, but, it's a little hard to tell since I don't see any indicators or shading to signal that Lock Static Objects or either of the other two options are in play. I gave up and rebuilt the form in Acrobat Pro DC.

Level 1

I was having the same issue and discovered when I clicked on Tools, then Prepare Form, the form editing toolbar appeared and I was able to add the text field I needed. Surprise!!!