Expand my Community achievements bar.

Differences between Connect and ConnectNow Add-ins

Former Community Member

Recently I took a look at the Adobe Connect 8 and I noticed that it useses different add-in for screen sharing. Dialog for selecting what to share is much better in the Adobe Connect 8: looks better, popups on top of current window(no need to click on taskbar), it is modal. I was wondering if it is possible to use this plugin from lccs(i.e. implement custom ScreenSharePublisher)?

Best Regards, Aleksey

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Aleksey,

It's a fair suggestion, but non-trivial for us to do. We've got addin

updates in our priority charts, but in the interest of transparency, I'll

tell you it's not high on the list. We are listening though - if the demand

gets louder for changes, we do adjust priorities.

thanks for taking the time to write

nigel

Level 1

+1 vote.  We have the same need.  We want to integrate ScreenSharePublisher seamlessly into our AIR app.  The permissions dialog doesn't work for us.  We would want the ability to customize.

We also need the ability to automatically share a specific rectangular area of the screen.  The coordinates for this area is calculated by our app.  Is there any way to do this with the ScreenSharePublisher API?

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi Nigel,

Should I move this question to a separate thread?

Thanks!

Level 3

+1 vote for updating add-in...plus, the curent Add in has issues (see my other posts).  It would be great to be able to customize this to our needs.

Screen sharing is such HUGE feature of LCCS...please give it more attention .

Level 3

Bringster:

Not sure if anyone answered this, but, no, there is not a way to share specific areas of the screen with the current api, you're limited to what the plugin dialog has (full screen, app, window).

David