Expand my Community achievements bar.

default ConnectionSession question

Level 2

Hello,

I have 2 components a whiteboard and chat that I connect to using actionscript.. From what I understand, my components, by default, connect to the first ConnectionSession that was created for the application (without needing to specify the property explicitly).

My question is, what if I disconnect and re-connect to a .Different. ConnectionSession.. using actionscript.  And then subscribe my components.  Will they connect to the NEW ConnectionSession without me needing to specify the connection session property of each?  Thanks.!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi ,

I would advise you to refer to MultipleSessions examples under payload/sampleApps folder. The example gives a description of how to handle multiple sessions and session containers in same application. The comments there are specially useful.

Now coming back to your question, once you disconnect your component to an existing connectsession, you need to do a component.connectSession = newSession, and then call subscriber for your component to be in a New Session. I haven't verified this case explicitly but you can play around with that example trying the various scenarios you want and let us know of any issues you face.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu