Expand my Community achievements bar.

Date field

Level 3

I have a number of date fields, and I notice that, even if I have the edit and display patterns set to short date or MM/DD/YYYYY, users can just enter in any old text they like.  What's the simplest way to make it so that users can only enter something in date format?

Thanks,

Emily

3 Replies

Former Community Member

In the date field object properties you can click on the patterns button, select the validation tab and click on the date format you want. You should also use the same format in the display, edit, and data tabs.

Good luck,

Al

Level 3

Thanks for the quick response.

I should have been more descriptive of my problem.  I do have the validate pattern entered.  But all it does is put up a cryptic message that the validation failed.  It doesn't actually prevent someone from entering in nonsense.

In my last message, I spectified that the edit and display patterns were set, because it seemed (on the face of it) like those would be the patterns that would actually limit how someone edited a field, and how that data was displayed.

Do I need to write come validation script for my date field?  Seems like that is harder than it needs to be, so I thought I'd canvass y'all first.

Thanks,

Emily

Level 10

Check this thread. It has the solution for the same issue..

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/597212

Thanks

Srini