Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Customizing TaskForm.as

Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to customize TaskForm.as (and classes like TaskPDFForm.as) but I'm finding that the changes I put in TaskForm.as are not picked up in my custom containers. I'm wondering if there is a setting I'm missing to have my custom containers pickup my custom workspace-ui changes.

In other words, imagine the following:

Add a new function in TaskForm.as such as public function customSubmit():void {}

Go to a container (like approval-container) and change DocumentAreaModel.as to call form.customSubmit(); instead of form.submit(); as created above.

The container won't build and spits out the error:

"Call to a possibly undefined method customSubmit through a reference with static type lc.procmgmt.ui.task.form:TaskForm"

I believe the container is using the "regular" TaskForm class and not using the one I changed in the workspace-ui location. I tried changing the "Source path" in the custom container to point to the various workspace-ui locations but it doesn't seem to work.

What am I missing, or is this something that isn't usually done? Is there another approach I can take if that's the case?

Thanks!

0 Replies