Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Cursor position is centered vertically in multiline text field

Level 1

When I insert a text field, resize the height so that it can accommodate several lines of text, and select "Allow Multiple Lines," the cursor is always left-aligned and centered vertically in the text area when opened in Acrobat.

Is there a way to force the cursor to appear in the upper left corner, so that input text appears starting at the top of the text area, rather than the middle?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can set the text alignment (vertical and horizontal) in the Font tab/palette.

If you don't see it in your workspace, you can select it from the Windows menu in LC Designer or by Shift+F5.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall

PS note that you can edit the appearance of the caption and the object's value either together or separately. This applies to font style as well as paragraph settings.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can set the text alignment (vertical and horizontal) in the Font tab/palette.

If you don't see it in your workspace, you can select it from the Windows menu in LC Designer or by Shift+F5.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall

PS note that you can edit the appearance of the caption and the object's value either together or separately. This applies to font style as well as paragraph settings.

Level 2

Nice one.

Great tip, Thanks,  I was looking for this since weeks , now i know

Regards,