Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Creating a Document Index

Level 3

I am successfully creating PDF forms, etc and all is well - but they lack this one thing ! (isn't that always the way it is )

They do not have a navigable index ....

Can you briefly describe how I can do that and let me know if there is an example anywhere -

Thanks

2 Replies

Level 3

Actually, what i am trying to do is to create bookmarks - in the document - (I just

found out -) sorry about the previous post -

I will research creating bookmarks -

if you can indicate a really good example or tutorial , etc - thanks

but i think I am on the right trail now -

This would explain why I wasn't able to find any information - earlier (LOL)

Level 3
I found a few discussions about this topic online - and it appears that there may some sort of an issue with Reader not supporting bookmarks that are programmatically created .... using JavaScript - .
"Unfortunately, the Bookmark object (which is used to create the bookmarks from JavaScript) isn't available in Reader (and you can't even Reader-Extend the form to get the Bookmark object).

If you need to have bookmarks in Reader, I suggest you use a different technique where you use xfa.host.setFocus to set focus to text fields at different places on your form. This would act as a bookmark without actually being a Bookmark in Acrobat. See post #6 in the Links Within PDF thread for an example.

Stefan
Adobe Systems "

Is this the case ????!