Expand my Community achievements bar.

Converting an 8 process to a 9 process

Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to convert a version 8 process to a version 9 process that merges XML data with an XDP form.

A brief overview of how things are actually structured.

I have a process (version 8) that invokes the sub process which performs the merge (version 9) and then updates the corresponding row in the database.  The input parameter to the merge process are a token which identifies the row, the xdp file and data that it is to be merged.  These are variable pieces of input

Under the version 8 process the xdp files were stored as a resource to the merge process. 

I've set up the replacement merge process in its own little area and modified the calling process to invoke it.  I've also changed the Content Root URI to point at this area when invoked.

I've also modified the Application structure so that the XDP files are in a folder and the corresponding call to determine the to point at the location of the XDP files.

File structure is this

REVP2S_Test

REVP2S_Test/1.0

SLF_AnnualReports

File1.xdp

File2.xdp

File3.xdp

Code sample:

import java.lang.String;

String strFormName = patExecContext.getProcessDataStringValue("/process_data/@formName");
String resource = "";

if (strFormName.equals("SLF_FormC_2010")) {
resource = "SLF_AnnualReports/SLF_FormC_Display.xdp";
} else if (strFormName.equals("SLF_FormA_2010")) {
resource = "SLF_AnnualReports/SLF_FormA_Display.xdp";
} else if (strFormName.equals("SLF_FormCT_2010")) {
      resource = "SLF_AnnualReports/SLF_FormCT_Display.xdp";
}

patExecContext.setProcessDataStringValue("/process_data/@formResourceName", resource);

Content URI:

REVP2S_Test://

The error that comes up is this:

ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

And buried further down inside the stack trace:

Caused by: com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.RenderFormException: ALC-FRM-001-013: XMLFormFactory, PAexecute failure: "(com.adobe.document.xmlform.ReturnStatus@6b771407) XMLForm, load : 12309, XFA template Model is empty."

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Reply

Level 10

This post might be useful to you.

In a nuthshell, the ContentRootURI should be set to repository:// and the form url should be /ApplicationName/Version/FolderStructure/FormName.

Jasmin