Expand my Community achievements bar.

Convert a Live Cycle Designer generated PDF to regular acrobat PDF

Level 1

Hi,

I am assigned to the task of converting Live Cycle Designer generated PDF to regular acrobat PDF. I tried all options know to me but cannot succeed. The forms in LC designer is a fillable form with two buttons at the bottom. (Print & reset). The controls on the forms are

Textbox

Checkbox

Print & reset buttons

I tried the following options

print  to a new pdf but the form became non-fillable with no controls

importing into acrobat as new form but it said "document contran xml form and cannot be imported"

tried save as with no success

I am willing to re-do the form but trying to minimize the re-work

The add or edit fields on form menu is not available for the form generated in live cycle.

we want to get rid of all live cycle dependencies and stick to bare bones acrobat

Please help

3 Replies

Level 4

I "think" (kinda certainish)  the "livecycling process" renders it incapable of going back to acrobat - something to do with one being acroforms and the other being (something else ive forgotten at the moment)

- i was trying to do this -so i could get the easy acrobat video imbed going in livecycle but there diddnt seem to be a path backwards

might have to be a redo  

Former Community Member

The only way I can think of woudl be to print the XFA form to PDF (using the Print driver that comes with Acrobat). This will create an AcroForm PDF for you but all fields and structure wil be lost. This will give you the boiler plate, then you can use the Form Tools in Acrobat to lay fields on top of the form.

Note that if you want to change some of the boiler plate you will have to go back to Designer and repeat the process. You may want to bite the bullet and redo the form now.

Paul

Level 1

thank you for the 2 replies. i will try to follow the paths you mentioned. meanwhile if a slightly different idea clicks your mind please inform me. Thank you & I appreciate your  help