Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Connectnow addin does not work when app on remote server

Level 1

Hi.

have got flex application that is using LCCS screensharing with ScreenSharePublisher/subscriber. Everything works fine when I run my application from flash builder or run it directly through the browser on my local machine. Addin gets loaded, I can choose which monitor/application/winow I want to share and other application instance can subscribe to my stream. This works fine until I upload my application on ftp server and try to make it work the same. I upload whole bin-debug folder to my ftp server. After running the application from remote web server, connectnow addin gets started but everything I get is an icon in taskbar. I don't get this little popup window with screensharing options so I can't get screen sharing working. Only thing I can is to shutt down the connectnow addin manually. Everything works fine again when I run my application from local machine.

Thanks for replies.

4 Replies

Level 1

I can add that in the same application, video and audio streaming thru rtmfp works fine.

Level 1

Ok i figured it out, strange though. Addin works when i specify fully qualified domain name for my server eg. http://www.domain.com/screen.html. It does not work when url is domain.com/screen.html.

However I got another question. When I publish my screen, I catch streamreceive event on streammanager. Yet I can't recognize whether published stream is mine or not. I would like to subcribe to stream only if it is not my own.  do following check

if (e.streamDescriptor.streamPublisherID != sess.userManager.myUserID)

but it turns out that streamPublisherID does not equal myUserID when stream is published from my applicatin instance.

Former Community Member

Hi,

Yes this is a known issue due to a server side bug that happened due to some changes in new player configurations. We have already fixed the bug, but since it’s a server side update, we will do a update release on 9-10 december , that will have all fixes. For now you can just check if screenshare id is null, don't do the check such as if (e.streamDescriptor.streamPublisherID != sess.userManager.myUserID), but my suggestion would be to wait a few days.

Here is a tentative list of issues in screen share that are getting fixed in the coming release.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/753262?tstart=0

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Thank you for reply, but could you give me further instructions how to perform such check. I would like to recognize wheter screensharing stream is mine or does it come from other user. What do you mean by checking if stream id is null? I debugged my app and can't find any streamDescriptor property that would give me such informaton. It would be very helpful because I have got performance tests scheduled next week.

Regards,

Peter.