Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Configuring e-mail button,

Level 2

Hello,

I am creating a form using Live cycle designer 8.0 . The issue I am facing that hile using e-mail button, the file is sent as xml, which is very difficult for a layman to understand.

I don't want to use this button as "Submit  To URL".

Currently I am using the button in such a way that it just only asks me the e-mail ID and Subject while setting up the e-mail button. after successfull setting of this button, the file is sent as a XML file.

I need help regarding how to send the file in a PDF format using the same method that i prescribed above except Submit through URL and Execute option. In short by using Regular option.

Please Help...

11 Replies

Level 8

Have you specified on the email submit that you want a PDF submitted and is the document reader extended

Level 2

PDF format is available in submit option under object tab. Is it possible to specify a e-mail address in the URL box in the submit option and will it work???

Level 8

I'm using a newer version of Designer and it doesn't have a url it has email (address) and subject line that work perfectly well.  Again you may need to reader extend the form in order to submit the PDF.

Level 8

By the way from the UI it translates to

<submit format="pdf" textEncoding="UTF-16" target="mailto:someueser@adobe.com?subject=test subj" xdpContent="pdf datasets"/>

Level 2

You are using which version. Plz support nd if convient can you provide me the link to download the same version

Level 2

Thanks For the support.

One for more thing is that I am facing problem while attaching the filled form to a e-mail.

First I fill up the form, and after that I go to- File>Attach to E-mail. An error pops out saying that Data typed in this form will not be saved when mailed. Do you wish to send a blank copy of the form.

The form is being filled using Adobe Reader IX.

If we fill the form with the help of acrobat pro 8, and use the e-mail icon which is below the toolbar, and when clicked on that icon the file is automatically sent through microsoft outlook with the name: <File Name>.pdf- Adobe Acrobat Professional- (File size). Then is it necessary that the reciepient of the form must have Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 or higher installed with them or it can be viewed in Adobe reader if they don;t have acrobat installed in their system??

Level 8

As mentioned before the form must be Reader Extended if you want to send it or save offline.  Either that or Acrobat not Reader needs to be utilized.

Level 2

Can you help me in telling that how to make the form reader extended. I tried a lot but it was nit my cup of tea.

one more thing is that, is there any way out by which when we select a customer name from the drop down list in the Address Book field, it displays its address and other detailsof customer automatically without entering the details manually.

Thanks in advance.

Level 8

In Acrobat click file save as other and select reader extended PDF.You should be able to use a script to set the button values when the dropdown list selection is made

Level 2

How to setup the script for drop down list? I do not have much knowledge about this. Plz help. Thanks