Expand my Community achievements bar.

Conditional fields not displaying for one form user

Level 1

I created a form in a LiveCycle with conditional fields using a drop-down button with various hidden fields for each option in the list.  When my coworker opens the form all fields work correctly and all hidden fields appear when the option is selected from the drop-down.  When I open the form in either LiveCycle or Adobe (Acrobat Pro or Reader), nothing happens and all fields remain hidden.   Is there a setting I may have turned off so I can't view these fields now?

9 Replies

Level 7

What is your coworker opening it in?

Try opening the javascript debugger, sometimes that can help. Load the PDF in Acrobat and press CTRL+J.

1390701_pastedImage_0.png

Level 1

Coworker is also using Adobe Acrobat to open, same version. Ran the debugger, but no errors.  Strangely enough, I updated the version number field on form, saved the document, and now I can see the fillable blocks (there's just no text stating what each box is used for).  Not sure if this is a problem with my LiveCycle or my Acrobat.  Would a reinstall of LiveCycle help?

Level 7

I would think if others run the form ok then the form might be ok so reinstalling Livecycle might not help, reinstalling your acrobat though may help?

Alternatively, if you are using Windows, Internet Explorer is fully compatible with Livecycle forms, does it run there ok?

Level 10

You may have JavaScript disabled in your Acrobat, so the events in the form are not executed at all. Check the preferences under the edit menu.

Level 1

I checked it and have JavaScript enabled. The form is technically working now, but it just doesn't display text attached to the conditional fields.

Level 10

Umm, can you provide some screenshots showing your problem?

Level 10

Looks like a problem with you graphic card driver.

Level 1

Thanks, I'll see if I can have my IT group look at my PC.