Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Complex SOM expressions for binding

rj991
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm working to bind an XML structure with a lot of pointers, rather than hard relationships (the XML structure is NIEM based).  I'm trying to force this into the "Data Binding" field rather than using JavaScript.  At long last I was able to get the following to return to me the reference ID I expected by using the resolveNode() function:

PacketRequest.Data.GuidelineBasedActivity.ItemEntityAssociation.[Entity.EntityPerson.ref==$.resolveNode("PacketRequest.Data.ChildSupportEnforcementCase.ChildSupportEnforcementCaseAugmentation.CaseParticipant.[CaseParticipantAugmentation.CaseParticipantInvolvementRoleCode==""CP""].RoleOfPerson.ref")].AssetItem.ref

Now I'm trying to take it one level deeper to use that ID to match to the specific entity I need to pull a value for.  To do that I'm trying to nest resolveNode() functions.  I've assumed based on how CP worked before that I need to increase the number of quotes to do literal quotes, and I've tried a number of combinations of the following (two quotes, one quote) but none seem to work:

PacketRequest.Data.AssetItem.[id==$.resolveNode("PacketRequest.Data.GuidelineBasedActivity.ItemEntityAssociation.[Entity.EntityPerson.ref==$.resolveNode(""PacketRequest.Data.ChildSupportEnforcementCase.ChildSupportEnforcementCaseAugmentation.CaseParticipant.[CaseParticipantAugmentation.CaseParticipantInvolvementRoleCode=="""CP"""].RoleOfPerson.ref"")].AssetItem.ref")].AssetItemEquity.ItemValueAmount.Amount

Does anyone know if it is possible to embed resolveNode() functions in a SOM expression or if there is another way to accomplish what I'm trying to do without scripting?

0 Replies