Expand my Community achievements bar.

change the field type

Level 2

Hi,

I have two requirements

1. I have a table in a dynamic pdf form. And in the table have put a signature field in one of the cells. My question is , can I change the field type programmatically into a text field. The requirement is, if the user does not want to do an adobe esign, there is button next to the table, and the user can click on that, and in the signature field , instead of signature , the text will display "rejected by the manager".
  2. There is one more table with the same layout , but here if the user clicks on the button next to the table, I want to insert a predefined adobe signature into the signature field.

All helps are appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply

Former Community Member

adobe_newbee

I have attached a sample form that may address your first requirement.  You can't dynamically change an object from one type to another, but you can affect whether the object is visible or not.  The sample form uses JavaScript to make the signature field invisible, and the static text visible.

As for your second requirement, you will not be able to insert a "predefined adobe signature", at least not a true "digiatl signature".  You could insert an graphical image (i.e. JPG) of a users signature, or some text but not a digital signature.

Regards

Steve