Expand my Community achievements bar.

Change email submit button to a save as button

Former Community Member

Is it possible to change an email submit button to a save as button

I am creating a from which I need to attach to an email, not be sent through directly via the internet but I need the required fields filled in by the user before it is sent.

I thought if the button could save the form after it has checked the fields then that would be OK.

Would this work?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am quite a new user so I can't get too technical.

Thanks

4 Replies

Level 4

Hello Ashling,

You can change the "Email Submit" button to "Save As" button by writing the following script in the enter event i.e.

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

so that it will first ask for saving the form and then sending Email.

Thanks,

Debadas.

Former Community Member

Hi Debadas

Thanks for the reply it's great. Can I stop the email part from running though because I'm attaching the form to an email not sending it through on it's own.

Hope you can help

THanks

Level 4

Hello Ashling,

Actually I am confused about what you want to do, so can you please elaborate.

Thanks.

Former Community Member

Hi

Me too...

I have a form which I need to attach to an email, I need to ensure that all the required fields are completed before they save the form and send it back to us.

The email submit button checks and shows error boxes where the required fields are not complete which is what I need but it then of course wants to email the form direct to an email address, I just want it to allow the user to then save the form and attach the an email.

hope that is a little clearer...

Save As button on it's own doesn't force the user to complete all the boxes so they can leave them blank and send through which is what we need to avoid.

Thanks for your help and patience