Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cannot Save generated PDF, and associated data file is in french not english

Level 1

Hello,

So I have 2 weird issues.

First, after I save my newly created form as a PDF, I send it off to my coworker, they cannot save the document after filling it out, only print.  Checking the security settings on the document, everything is allowed except document assembly, changing the document, and creation of template pages, yet they cannot save the filled out form only print.  Created in LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 with Adobe Reader 9.

When I generated previewed data, the saved data is in french yet all of my settings are English including program, OS, and regional settings are all English US.

Need help asap.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

The first issue will happen if you create a form in LC and the user has the free Adobe Reader. Before you send out the form you would need to "Reader Enable" it. This involves either an Adobe server based product, part of the LiveCycle Enterprise Suite called "Reader Extensions" OR applying the reader extensions using Adobe Acrobat Pro (however there are restrictions in the number of uses - check the licence).

A summary is at http://forums.adobe.com/message/2198087#2198087 as best as I can lay it out.

The second issue has me stumped...

"mon dieu"!!

N.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

The option I was trying to do is:

User has the Reader (form Reader Enabled using the full version of Acrobat before deployment. See licence restrictions)

• user can open form;
  • fill it in;
  • print it;
  • data connections to databases and web services will NOT work;
  • user can save the form.

The actual answer to the question is this:

Enable Reader users to save form data

Ordinarily, Reader users can’t save filled-in copies of forms that they complete. However, you can extend rights to Reader users so they have the ability to do so. These extended rights also include the ability to add comments, use the Typewriter tool, and digitally sign the PDF.

1. Open a single PDF, or select one or more PDFs in a PDF Portfolio.
  2. Choose Advanced > Extend Features In Adobe Reader.

The other question regarding the data in french is still unknown why it is doing that.

Former Community Member

Do you have Office 2007 installed and the French letters are originally Arial Narrow?