Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Can't add a custom service because of .class version

Level 1

Hi,

I just created a simple "hello world" remoting service and added it to my server. And when i am trying to import it, FB4 tells me :

Bad version number is .class (unable to load class service.HelloWorld)

I read somewhere that this happens because of a mismatch between the Java compiler version and the "class reader/executer" version.

I compiled my classes with the default compiler of FB4 so i wonder what's its problem... How can i know what version it is expecting ?

Thanks

2 Replies

Level 3

What JVM are you using on the app server where your web app is deployed? Does it match what you compiled with in Flash Builder? Most likely there's a mismatch there.

Level 1

Im using Java 6. But since i was using the default catalina.bat from the bundled tomcat, it was using the jre installed in lcds/UninstallerData/jre.

I commented that line (in catalina.bat) so that it uses my default JAVA_HOME directory. And now it's working.

Thanks