Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I change Type Action "URI" to Type Action "Launch" in LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2?

Level 1

I am trying get a link in my pdf form to launch Windows Explorer to a folder or just launch the excel file in MS Excel. I used LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 to create the form. My problem is most of my users have Chrome as their default browser. When they click on the link on the form it opens in the Chrome browser. If IE is their default browser it opens Windows Explorer so they can open and edit the file. But like I said, most of my users are using Chrome. In my search for a fix, I saw a discussion (see below) where they are trying to launch a pdf file with "Launch" vs. "URI".

So I was wondering, can I change Type Action "URI" to Type Action "Launch" using LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2?

***Discussion link***

MS Word 2007+ - can it encode hyperlinks using the PDF Action Type "Launch" instead of "URI" when pu...

2 Replies

Level 7

It sounds like you mixing up the Acroforms programmatic interface used in Adobe Acrobat with that in LiveCycle Designer. How are you currently launching the file in the LiveCycle form?

Level 1

I have a link in the LiveCycle form that can be clicked by the user to open Windows Explorer and modify the file. The xml for the link is below:

</draw>

<draw name="Text" x="35.394mm" y="104.458mm" w="167.593mm" h="4.171mm">

<ui>

<textEdit/>

</ui>

<value>

<exData contentType="text/html">

<body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/"><p style="tab-interval:0.5in;tab-stops:right 0.5in right 0.667in;font-family:'Times New Roman';text-decoration:none;letter-spacing:0in">Add new project to the Courseware Revision Status spreadsheet<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span><a href="file://///52TYMX-AS-TM040/FPMI_Common/Project Time Tracking/CW Revision Status"><span style="font-size:10pt">S:\Project Time Tracking\CW Revision Status\</span></a><span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></p></body>

</exData>

</value>

<para vAlign="bottom"/>

<traversal>

<traverse ref="CheckBox1[20]"/>

</traversal>

</draw>

I do not have access to notepad++ (hex editor) and as such am trying to make hex changes with Adobe LiveCycle if possible.

Thanks for your response.