Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Button issues in Reader and Pro

Level 2

Hello,

I have created a form with a table that creates a new row using add/delete buttons.  I have the target version set to Acrobat and Reader 8.0 or later.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and the buttons work fine for me.  The buttons have not worked for other users with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.  However, the buttons have worked for users with Adobe Reader X.

I need help getting the buttons to work in both programs.  Thank you!

Laura

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

I am not sure what is going on, but would recommend checking a few things:

• Check the Warnings palette, to see if there are Target Version issues with the form.
  • If you can bring your Target Version up to version 8.1, then you can tick "Enforce strict scoping rules in JavaScript".
  • When you have the form open in Acrobat, open the JavaScript Console (Control+J) and see do any errors come up when you click the add/delete buttons. (The JavaScript Console is not available in Adobe Reader).
  • Check that the other users do not have JavaScript turned off in their preserences (see below). JavaScript must be enabled. Jono has a nice script/example for checking this. Do a search on the forums.
  • Make absolutely sure that the other users are not using a third party viewer, as the JavaScript may not fire.

Acrobat1.png

Hope one of those helps,

Niall