Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Barcode Decoding Problems

Level 1

Hi,

I'm experimenting with the PDF417 Paper Forms Barcodes, trying to determine capacity limits and how to reliably encode form data.  Currently I'm seeing an issue where, when filling out my form in Adobe Acrobat Professional some data does not parse out on the backend.  The barcodes are still displayed correctly in Acrobat (i.e. not greyed out), but when extracting the data, there are parsing issues. Some of the data comes through correctly, and some is garbled.  It is as though a fixed size buffer is being overrun & there is random data corruption as a result.

I'm using data compression on each barcode, and tab delimited data.  I can provide examples via email if that is useful.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you using your own decoder, or Adobe's decoder inside LiveCycle?

If you're using a 3rd party decoder you will need to turn compression off. This is not a feature supported by standard decoders. If you do need to use your own decoder and want to use compression, write a routing to ignore the first two bytes of the data and then deFLATE the rest of the data.

Level 1

I am using Adobe's decoder inside LiveCycle.  Everything is handled by BarcodedFormsServiceClient.decode()

Level 1

Some more information: there are two PDF417 barcodes on the same page of the PDF.  Each has an associated collection of data items.  The first barcode is apparently working ok, while the second is showing the problem.  I think the barcode is simply getting overloaded with data, but failing to indicate a problem.

Are there any examples using multiple barcodes & / or compression that I can compare with?

Former Community Member

Tom, this sounds like a problem that was fixed with LCES 2.5. Can you check your server decoder version #?

There is a reported problem with compression in an older version.

Level 1

All server component version numbers are reported as    Version: 9.0.0.0, GM