Expand my Community achievements bar.

Autopopulate user entered data into Dropdown

Level 1

After reading the forums, I think this will call for more scripting BUT the situation is: I have a table with X amount of rows to input data. Add and Delete buttons are available to add more rows of data.  One of the columns in my table will have data which I need to autopopulate into another drop-down field. Is this possible? The table is not predefined but a user will open and input text.

Not sure on which route to take to easily popualate the user entered data into a drop down box. There is another Discussion similar to this, but it seems the drop down is predefined and the next set of results are based on the drop down items already entered.

My issue is one of the columns will contain mulitple pieces of information, that will then need to be filtered into a new drop down,

thanks you,

Thanks for you time,
MMM

6 Replies

Level 1

Thanks Paul,

I reviewed the forum you added. I am new to Live Cycle, so here is another questions:

the txt field (procedureName) content needs to be entered as a drop down option in txt field (procedureNameStudy) - which field does this code need to be entered into? both?

this.rawValue = null;

this.clearItems();

this.addItem(Party1.rawValue);

this.addItem(Party2.rawValue);

Level 1

Once entered into the preOpen, do any of the Object tabs (Cell, Value, Binding) need to be set to a specific parameter?

Level 1

Hi again, let me rephrase the problem with picture.

I have the below table, the Procedure field will be a txt field for users to add inforamtion. The add button adds another instance of the 2nd Row. If 10 procedures were added the outcome is for the manually entered procedures to populate in a drop-down list in another area of my form. I tried the above method but no luck.

This situation is 1 of many types of txt fields I will need to populate into a drop-down list. Solving this is my first milestone.

I appreciate any feedback.

MMM

Procedure Table.png

Level 7

You could just put in the exit event of the Procedure field:

DropDownList1.addItem(this.rawValue);