Expand my Community achievements bar.

Automatically export data from a pdf, then automatically populate other forms with that data?

Level 4

I'm building a form which will hopefully cut down on the user being required to redundantly fill in the same information on different forms. By filling out one form, I want to be able to have the user submit that form (or more succinctly, the xml data) to a website/server where the data will be automatically parsed to all the forms under the umbrella of the main form. Then, the separate forms would be emailed back to the user.

Any thoughts on how that works would be appreciated. Also, even a discussion of other workflows would be appreciated, as I'm not even sure my process is the easiest/best.

Thanks,

Graham

3 Replies

Level 4

Is this too much of a question? :-) Any ideas where I could search for a solution?

Graham

Former Community Member

This will work if all of the forms use the same schema definition. The issue is that once you import the data file you are bound to that data structure. As you have said that they are different forms then they have to follow the same schema definition.

Another approach woudl be to get the information into the form using a Web Service call. This technique uses a different set of bindings for the web service than the data bindings so they remain unaffected. This does mean that the form must be Reader Extended using LiveCycle server to allow Reader users to make the Web Service call. Note that if they are Acrobat Pro users then this restriction does not apply.

Make sense?

Paul

Level 4

Paul,

OK, you've given me a lot to investigate. Specifically what all the parts of a schema are (I haven't studied that).

Graham