Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attached file indicator checkbox

Level 5

Hello,

I have been trying to script a checkbox to get checked whenever a file is attached to the PDF, whether by using buttons that perform the function, or if the user uses the paper clip icon in the left-side toolbar.  This is my checkbox:

2015-12-07_13-14-07.jpg

The script in my checkbox is in the layout:ready event:

if (event.target.dataObjects) {

this.rawValue = "1";

}

else {

this.rawValue = "0";

}

The problem is, the script doesn't fire until I make a selection on a drop-down somewhere else in the form.  What am I missing?

I have scripts in the Attach Files and Remove Files buttons that check/uncheck the box, but that doesn't help any if the user uses the toolbar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies

Level 5

Anyone out there that can help, please.....?

Level 10

Hi there,

I'd say you should put the script in the calculate event, and when you add or remove attachments, you call the event xfa.form.execCalculate();

Basically, the layout:ready won't execute unless the layout is modified

I hope this will help!

Level 5

Thanks for responding.  I'll give that a shot, but I'm not sure it'll address the issue of files being attached using the toolbar in the left-side panel.  Does any type of event get triggered by attaching a file that way?

Level 10

There is no such thing... my best bet would be that you remove the possibility to add attachments using the toolbar, or you create a button to "refresh" the form