Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applying a Master page

Level 1

H am very new to Adobe LiveCycle.  I have a 5 page form.  The first 4 pages

are portrait, the last is landscape.  I created a new master page in landscape, but I can't figure out how to apply it.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

When you set up a second master page (it is likely to be named Page2), you can then assign that master page to any page in the design view. Select page5 and go to the Object/Pagination tab and using the Place drop down assign the page to "Page2" master page.

LittleSnapper1.png

Sample attached.

Niall

Level 1

I actually have 5 pages. Pages 1-4 are portrait and page 5 is landscape. I followed these instructions, but I get what looks to be an extra blank landscape page. Is this correct?

Level 10

Hi,

Have a look at the pagination for each page. Page1 will be assigned to the portrait master page. Then pages 2 to 4 can be assigned to follow previous (eg portrait page).

Then page5 would be assigned to the landscape master page.

If you have an extra landscape page (eg 5 pages in the hierarchy - but six pages in the design view/preview), it means that the content / objects on page 5 have extended beyond the content area. This forces an extra page without content on it.

Try and reduce the content on page5 to within the content area and the extra page should disappear.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

Hi Niall,

Thank you so much for your help. I noticed that when I assigned the landscape master page, what I believe is called the subform stayed portrait, when I fixed this, the extra page went away.

Level 1

First I want to thank you for your help.  You’ve helped me as well.  Your explanation and providing the graphic for solving that problem was perfect.

Maybe you can help me with my problem.

Here’s my situation:

I’ve a flowable form with multiple pages.  The first page has two fields that get filled in by the user; Child’s name and DOB.  I’ve setup the form so that the values typed in for the Child’s name and DOB appear at the top of each page in the form but the first page.

I’ve used Master pages to accomplish that (thanks to you); MasterPage1 for the first page of the form and MasterPage2 for any succeeding pages.  MasterPage1 doesn’t have fields for the Child’s name and DOB, MasterPage2 does.  All that works fine.

Here’s the problem:

In addition to those two fields on page 1; Child’s name and DOB,  I’ve also got some flowable fields.  If the user types too much data into those fields a new page gets generated to accommodate the expanding field.  That new page does not have the Child’s name and DOB on the top of the page.  I guess the new page is generated using MasterPage1.

Here’s my question:

Is there a way to solve this problem?  I suspect it will have to be resolved programmatically but I don’t know how to do that.  Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

There isn’t a rush on this.  I’m going to suggest to the client we remove the flowable fields from page one and place them on the other pages of the form.  That will make the problem go away but I’d still like to know how to resolve that issue.

Thank you,

Smalbany

Level 2

In the subform that is flowable and will paginate, try setting the Object -> If Dataset Must Be Paginated -> Overflow property to go to the content area of masterpage 2.