Expand my Community achievements bar.

alternate of RenderPDFForm

Level 2

Hi all,

I have a process whcih takes a XDP and a XML to generate PDF, and for the I am using RenderPDFForm service. it works find but the problem is. RenderPDFform return generated PDF in stream back to the client which I down require. Which I want is to connect to my process using SOAP and provide the data and PDF should get generated on the server it self. what should I do fo that.

3 Replies

Level 6

In the current processes may be the RenderPDFForm service output is the processes output variable too. If this is the case change the "output variable(s)" to desired ones and set/display the "output variable(s)" based on the result of "RenderPDFForm" service. In the same processes can write the generated PDF on to server location or any place/repository also.

Level 2

Thnaks Raghu,

can you be little more specific.. as I got the idea but a little more detail will help

Level 6

Please find the sample process files from the link provided below, if not accessible send me an email.

https://acrobat.com/?d=N-EWzoRrPocD-UGrLdrqhg

Test.process - render form Service

Test1.process - render & write Services

Here considered Input Form Template(pdf/xdp) and Input xml is ready. Also you can move render and write services to sub process and access from main service. Test1.process can be make it as 3 processes, this will be more efficient and reusable.. Once you run the process hope it will explain in detail.