Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Advanced Process Design using Adobe LiveCycle Workbench: Should I see an attachement in attachment tab?

Level 2

HI,

After I did Task 4 Step 7 to active "adding Attachment ", save and deploy, should I see an attachment in the attachments tab of WorkSpace once I click "Add Attachment" button of  HR_Request Form?

I can see the attachments tab but can't see the attachment I add using the button "Add Attachment".  Is it correct?

From source code of HR_Request Form, I can see the function "addAttachment" and "fileRef_select".

Best Regards

Mark Dong

5 Replies

Level 10

You should see "Attachment(1)" for the title of the attachment tab.

Jasmin

Level 2

I can't see new attachment.  I deployed new HR_Request.swf and can see Livecycle Related Information.  That means I already update new swf succesfully (uncomment the codes).

Will I wait for some time to see that after I add attachment? Or I can see immediately? My understanding it is a client behavior so I should be able to see immediately.  My image is running very slowly.

Level 10

You should just have to wait a few seconds, and then see the attachment in there.

If your machine is slow it could take a few more seconds (depending the size of the attachment). It is a client side behavior.

I've put those fields there, just to show people what they can do client side from a Flex form. I didn't create an exercice associated with this since it's our MAX collateral and I was planning to just talk about it.

Jasmin

Level 2

Hi,

I got it.  Problem is caused by VMImage's ip address. I changed the network so that the IP address was changed as well.  But I did not reboot the image.  So it seems LC can't know the new ipaddress and always thrown some exception related with old ip address. Now I reboot the image and everything runs fine.

From this scenario, I guess "Add attachment" will call backend system to inform "Attachment Tab" to add one attachment.  Otherwise, the ip address problem should not cause the problem

Best Regards

Mark Dong