Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe LiveCycle webservice button not invoking webservice

Level 1

Hi all,

I am using Adobe Livecycle ES2.I was trying to invoke a webservice of my company for development purpose.I imported the wsdl file into the layout as new connection.I dragged and dropped the button and the request fields to the layout.But in the preview and in the saved pdf file i am not able to invoke the webservice when I click on the button.I tried the with different webservices both from wsdl file and also http location of some online webservices.It used to work fine for me in version 8 of adobe livecycle.Now i am unable to invoke any webservices at all .some please tell me if any settings needs to be enabled in the newer version so that button will invoke a webservice call.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks & Regards,

Bince Mathew

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bince,  Are you using Acrobat for previewing the form?  If you are using Reader then it will not work.  I've not had trouble calling webservices otherwise.  Bruce

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bince,  Are you using Acrobat for previewing the form?  If you are using Reader then it will not work.  I've not had trouble calling webservices otherwise.  Bruce

Level 1

Hi,

It worked for me when i opened it in acrobat x proBut one doubt,if thats the case then how can i distribute the files to other users,since most of them will be using acrobat reader right.Is there any way to publish this so that it will work fine in acrobat reader too??

Level 10

Hi,

You will need to have the form enabled using Reader Enabled using LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES for people with Reader to access a website, Niall has a good descriptions of this http://www.assuredynamics.com/index.php/2010/11/using-livecycle-forms-in-acrobat-and-reader/.

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

Hi BR001,

Thanks a lot for your help that i came to know its related to reader extensions.But now according to the post you shared i created a new pdf from acrobat pro in save as->Reader Extended PDF->Enable Additional Features.But still its not calling the webservice on pressing the button when i open it in reader.I can confirm this cos my webservice is in my company backbone and when i tested it in acrobat reader i was not connected to my company vpn.so every time when i press that button it will show me a pop up message stating that it cannot read from my webservice when it tries to call the service.But the same message is not popping up in adobe reader.

1) In acrobat Reader pro

1.jpg

2)Acrobat Reader

2.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Bince Mathew

Level 10

Hi,

You have just tried what Niall called option 3 but this does not include calling web services.  You need his option 4 which involves extending the form with LiveCycle Reader Extensions, this adds more functionality to the form when used by Reader than extending it by Acrobat.

Regards

Bruce