Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe LiveCycle ES4 - NullPointerException in UpdateLicenseAction

Level 1

Operating System:  Windows 2008 R2

Database:  Oracle 11g

App Server:  JBoss EAP 5.2 (delivered with LiveCycle)

I've installed LiveCycle ES4 (the intial release and Service Pack 1) - partial turnkey install. After install, LiveCycle appears to start fine, but when I go to the Admin UI (using http://localhost/adminui), I can log in, but I can't update the license (or do anything else).  When I try to update the license, I get this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Hashtable.put(...)

at com.adobe.licenseManager.action.UpdateLicenseAction.updateLicense(updateLicenseAction.java:162)

at com.adobe.licenseManager.action.UpdateLicenseAction.execute(UpdateLicenseAction.java:99).

Furthermore, anytime I try to navigate to another screen (such as user management or the Generate PDF Service) I am logged out.

Obviously, the error above is because UpdateLicenseAction is trying to read something that is not present.  But I'm not sure where it's trying to read from.

When I installed Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, I entered my license key and registered it.  I was not prompted for any license key running the LiveCycle install.  Should I be?

I tried reinstalling 3 times - each time running the uninstall then removing all database tables, views and sequences before reinstalling.  Every time I've ended up with the same error.

I've installed LiveCycle on two other servers with no problems.  This is the first "problem child" I've run across.  Any assistance is appreciated.

0 Replies