Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe LiveCycle ES4 add new and update Access Database, Non-Null failure

Former Community Member

I am using adobe livecycle es4 and I am trying to add a new record and then update it to an Access database. However, when i press update the error tells me that i cannot have Null values and it displays a check box field name. How can i allow a null value for a check box? Because when my form is used, not all of the check boxes will be checked

10 Replies

Former Community Member

I would like to know how to allow a check box to accept a NULL value (unchecked)?

Former Community Member

I am getting the error: "Non-nullable column cannot be updated to Null" for my check boxes when I click the "Update" button on my pdf form

Level 3

Make the checkbox state to On/Off/Neutral and try.

Not sure if this works but i think worth a try.

Level 2

It's a function, look it up in the help file how you can use it on your checkboxes

Former Community Member

Tried it, no go. Thank you though. Keep thinking

Former Community Member

Could not find it in help, found resetData() in the xml code but it was for the reset button

Former Community Member

It allows me to update the first time perfectly for the database, but it will not update any "addNew"s I try after the first one.

Level 1

You can use the resolveNode function that can catch the null value of your check box component.

Exemple:

if (this.resolveNode("NameCheckBox").rawValue == null)

{

//Do Something

}