Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe livecycle ES installation problem

Level 1

Hi All,

I'm facing a problem in the Adobe livecycleES installation.

I have installed Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended and proceeded to install livecycle ES 8.2.1. My installation is frozen after I select turn key installation. Waited for 1 hour, but does not move further.

Need Urgent help on this.

Regards

Divya

3 Replies

Level 7

We've seen this happen in two situations:

1) You are installing from a folder which has a very long.....fully qualified path (D:\blah\blah\blah............)

2) The filesystem to which you are installing does not have enough space left.

Level 1

I had the same problem myself last week.  One suggestion that I found for this problem was that the InstallShield database may be corrupt.  The solution in that case was to rename or delete the following folder and then reboot the machine:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Universal\Adobe

This is suppossed to force InstallShield to recreate that directory structure. This did not work in my case, but it may work for you.

In my particular case, the problem appeared to be tied to the location of the installation files.  I had placed them under "My Documents", so they were being run from "C:\Documents and Settings\kate.sherwood\My Documents".  Once I moved the install set to the root of C:\ then the installation was able to continue as expected.

Regards,

Kate

Level 2

I think it is due to failure of system requirements for LC ES

PLease find the below link

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/pdfs/lces_update1_sysreqs.pdf

Thanks