Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Add a row button

Level 4

Hi,

I've been creating a dynamic/flowable table in which I'd like to have a button to add a row if someone wanted to.  I've been searching the forums and I've not quite been able to arrive at exactly what I need to have for script.  I also have a total cost field which will need to recalculate.  I'm attaching the file.  If you could help me out the scripting I'd appreciate it.

Also, when using subforms is there a way to still control the spacing between. Mine keep bumping right up against each other.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Here i an example: https://acrobat.com/#d=RZ1lzX23*u7L4N9rtWCYPQ

The script you want is in the click event of the add row button. The form needs to be saved as a Dynamic XML form in the save as dialog and the page needs to be set to flowed. I suspect that you have it flowed already because the subforms are touching. You can set margins in the Layout palette to keep some space between objects.

Also check out the script in the calculate event of the total field.

Lastly, you can share files by unloading onto Acrobat.com and then sharing the published link here.

Hope tht helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Well I was going to attach the file, I just have to figure out how to do that again.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Here i an example: https://acrobat.com/#d=RZ1lzX23*u7L4N9rtWCYPQ

The script you want is in the click event of the add row button. The form needs to be saved as a Dynamic XML form in the save as dialog and the page needs to be set to flowed. I suspect that you have it flowed already because the subforms are touching. You can set margins in the Layout palette to keep some space between objects.

Also check out the script in the calculate event of the total field.

Lastly, you can share files by unloading onto Acrobat.com and then sharing the published link here.

Hope tht helps,

Niall