Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Acrobat Reader DC - Bug with Dialog Boxes Containing Images?

Level 3

Hi all -

Been testing Reader DC.  Only took a couple of minutes to adjust to the new interface; pretty slick and intuitive.

Noticed a potential issue that I wanted to warn/share/prob solve with the community.

I was putting Reader DC through it's paces with a XFA PDF that has some dialog boxes, some of which even had images in them.  (Thanks again to BR001.)

The dialog boxes with images look great on Acrobat & Reader 9/10/11 (WIN & MAC) - images are clear; no pixelation.

Reader DC on MAC appears to be fine - resolution looks the same.

But Reader DC on WIN - the images are now pixelated. Especially around the edges, characters/numbers, etc.  You can tell something is "off" with the image.

A few simple side-by-side tests can be seen at links below.  Reader DC is on left; Acrobat 9 (9.5.5) is on right.

PDF containing the 4 buttons that triggered these dialog boxes: Dropbox - Dialog Boxes with Images - PDF - LC community.pdf

Bug in Reader DC for Windows? Not sure what else the cause could be...

Anyone having their dialog boxes with images open in Reader DC for Windows WITHOUT the pixelation?

FYI/thoughts/ideas/suggestions/confirmations?  Hmmm.....

Brian

2 Replies

Level 3

Little easier; picture's worth a thousand; etc.

Shortcuts to zoom in/out further for most web browsers: ("ctrl" & "+") or ("ctrl" & "-");

Reader DC Banner--- Comparison  test.PNG

Simple Banner - comparison test.PNG

green smile images.PNGLightroom Image - Comparison Test.PNG

Level 3

Update: At least on one test of Windows 7 Home Premium - no pixelation. FYI.