Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

a form with 8000 check boxes - could Adobe Interactive Forms handle it? - customer request

Level 3

Hi,

it is a well known situation in IT ; )

Customer wants something like "eierlegende Wollmilchsau" (English: a pig wich gives you, apart from meat, also milk, eggs and wool).

There should be a form which he can customize as he wants. First, some data of the form.

Structure:

Page

Main-CheckBox

Sub-CheckBox

Child-CheckBox

Number of fields (checkboxes,only):

Pages = 10

Main-CheckBoxes = 5 / Page

Sub-Check-Boxes = 10 / Main-CheckBox

Child-CheckBoxes = 15 / Sub-Check-Box

=> 7500 CheckBox (plus some other stuff) => 8000 CheckBoxes

The customer is able to set on/off every part of the form via customizing at the backend, which generates the form, as he wants.

E.g.

page 1

main-checkbox 1

sub-checkbox 1

sub-checkbox 2      

main-checkbox 1

sub-checkbox 1

sub-checkbox 2 

sub-checkbox 3              

page2

main-checkbox 1

sub-checkbox 1

main-checkbox 1

sub-checkbox 1

sub-checkbox 2 

sub-checkbox 3 

sub-checkbox 4             

sub-checkbox 5 

Do you think ... or ... does anyone KNOW if adobe interactive forms could handle such a Frankenstein ; )   ?

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

If as I suspect there are checkboxes that control the presence of other subforms, then I think you would be pushing it. I think that there is a high risk that Acrobat/Reader would fall over.

A lot would come down to the efficiency of the script and the events that are used. For example, if the layout:ready event is used for multiple scripts then this would be a big performance hit. Check out John Brinkman's post: http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2010/02/big_and_complex_forms.html.

You could mock up a form with the first page and then duplicate this. Test, test, ...

Google Chrome.png

Good luck,

Niall