Expand my Community achievements bar.

2 questions...

Level 2

I have 2 questions.

1. I have created a fillable pdf form.  I also created a form guide using the guide builder.  We are trying to figure out how to implement the web-application of the form.  I have Acrobat Professional and Livecycle Designer.  Do I need any other programs to get the form guide onto our website and allow people to fill it out?
  2. Is there a limit to the amount of times this form can be filled out by people?

Thanks in advance,

Rose.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

To be able to use the Guide you have to have the form rendered through LiveCycle Form Server. This will take the XDP file (the output from Designer) and the definition of the Guide that is contained within that XDP and it will create the swc file (the flex application) and deleiver to the browser. If you do not have LiveCycle Form Server then you cannot make use of the Guide.

There are no limits that a user can use a Guide.

Paul

Level 2

If I'm not using the guide, and just the straight pdf form, is there a limit to the number of times I can have people fill out the form?  I've seen some posts about a 500 time limit...http://forums.adobe.com/message/3135267#3135267

Thanks!

Level 2

Oh, and what is LiveCycle Form Server?  Is it a program I need to buy?

Former Community Member

The PDF by itslef has no limits .....if you need to Reader Extend the form using Acrobat there is a limit to the number of Users that can use the form (not the number of times they can fill it out). If you are not Reader Extending it then there are no limits placed on this.

LiveCyle Form Server is a module in the LiveCycle Server family of products. It will render the templates mentioned earlier in real time. It is a sevrer based product set that runs on an app server and is normally used by Enterprise level types of applications. Because it is server based it is priced based on CPU and you need to speak to an Adobe account rep to order it. Is this a big application that you are building ...if not you may find it cost prohibitive.

Paul