Expand my Community achievements bar.

XML file dropdown contents

Former Community Member
I have a form with a dropdown list where I've entered my list items in the Object, Cell tab and also have specified item values in the Binding tab.

When I export this to an XML file, only the value in the Binding tab is present in the XML file. What I would like to also be in the XML file though is the text that the user sees in the drop down. Is this possible to have both in the XML file?

Thanks

Ex. If my drop down contains the following, only the R,G, or B appears in the XML file. The Red, Blue and Green text is what the user sees in the drop down.

R Red

B Blue

G Green
4 Replies

Former Community Member
If you want to bind it to the same node in the XML then you cannot but if you choose a different node to hold the additional value then you can do that.

Former Community Member
Thanks Paul, I think I didn't explain it that clearly. I'm not binding the field to a database, i'm just assigning values to each of the dropdown values that's located in the binding tab. So I'm not sure I understand your solution.

Former Community Member
Right but you can only have one value represented by the dropdown. You can control what the user sees in the dropdown and change it to a different value that is put in the data file but you cannot have both bound to a single XML node.

Former Community Member
oh I see. Not knowing XML that well, I was hoping it could show both somehow since in javascript one can reference either the .rawValue or formattedValue property of a dropdown and get either one. thanks