Highlighted

Xml connection and xml submited are the same.

05-08-2008

Hello,i am having a problem with an connection to xml file and the file that is formed when i press the submit button.

if i have a connection to a xml file to fill some combobox, when i pressing the submit by email button(xml format), the xml formed is the same as i use on the connection.The fields selected and filled are not in the xml submited.

Do you have any idea of it?

I appreciate your answer.

Javier.

Replies

Highlighted

pguerett

06-08-2008

If you are connecting to an XML data file or an XML schema then you are affecting the input/output bindings. These bindings are what is used to format the output when data is merged or saved in/out of the form. The database and wsdl connections are aused to augment the data on the form and do not affect the I/O of the form. Is there a way you can use a Web service to feedback the data for your drop down or at a minimum combine it with the data file that you want your form to produce?
Highlighted

06-08-2008

I can't use web service, only off line connection.
I resolved it loading data from string xml harcoding and using xfa.dataset instead xfa.record.
Example : var dataToLoad = "This is the new string";
xfa.datasets.data.loadXML(dataToLoad,0,1);
and then the submited is : the xml formed and the field of the form.
I took from an example called : DataSaveXML.pdf
I don't understand this : "These bindings are what is used to format the output when data is merged or saved in/out of the form"
Why nobody else ask for something like that?is it an uncommon way to work?
Javier