Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Xml connection and xml submited are the same.

Former Community Member
Hello,i am having a problem with an connection to xml file and the file that is formed when i press the submit button.

if i have a connection to a xml file to fill some combobox, when i pressing the submit by email button(xml format), the xml formed is the same as i use on the connection.The fields selected and filled are not in the xml submited.

Do you have any idea of it?

I appreciate your answer.

Javier.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Add:

If i quit the connection, the xml submited have the field of the form.

Former Community Member
If you are connecting to an XML data file or an XML schema then you are affecting the input/output bindings. These bindings are what is used to format the output when data is merged or saved in/out of the form. The database and wsdl connections are aused to augment the data on the form and do not affect the I/O of the form. Is there a way you can use a Web service to feedback the data for your drop down or at a minimum combine it with the data file that you want your form to produce?

Former Community Member
I can't use web service, only off line connection.
I resolved it loading data from string xml harcoding and using xfa.dataset instead xfa.record.
Example : var dataToLoad = "This is the new string";
xfa.datasets.data.loadXML(dataToLoad,0,1);
and then the submited is : the xml formed and the field of the form.
I took from an example called : DataSaveXML.pdf
I don't understand this : "These bindings are what is used to format the output when data is merged or saved in/out of the form"
Why nobody else ask for something like that?is it an uncommon way to work?
Javier