Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Xdp-forms with dynamic fields

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

As mentioned in an earlier post, I got the xdp-files to render.

However it seems that I get a problem when I have dynamic fields in the xdp file. I am quite new in the field of working with xdp and pdf, so I might not be the most skilled within this area, in the case of this being a simple question please bear over with me.

But the problem is that the dynamic fields simply does not work. I have some radiobuttons that should trigger invisible fields to be drawn in the form.

It works perfectly in the preview (in the designer and the Workbench active x plugin) however in Workspace they do not work.

Hope you can enlighten me a little on this issue as well.

Sincerely

Kim Christenseh

Dafolo A/S

Denmark
10 Replies

Level 10
If you go under Tools/Options in Form Designer, make sure the Default File Type for New Forms is set to Dynamic XML Form. This will ensure the new forms you create will be dynamic.

If the form is already created, you can go under File/Form Properties/Default , under Server and check Override Default Rendering and make sure the PDF Render Format is set to Dynamic.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

My form is already created, so I have to go with option two, however I have also changed the default setting for future forms.

When I try to use your suggestion (Could choose between Acrobat 7.0.5 dynamic and Acrobat 8.0 dynamic - the rest was static) I get an error in the logs that says the stream is not pdf...

Alot of problems seem to stick to me...:-)

Maybe it will help to create the form all over, but I'd rather not do that...

Any other suggestions?

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Denmark

Level 10
Ok, let's try this:

Save your form as a Adobe Dynamic XML Form (*.pdf).

Close Form Designer. Re-open the PDF and then save as Adobe XML Form(*.xdp).

The use that XDP in a xfaForm variable in workbench.

Let me know,

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

I tried your solution, but it seems like I have no dynamics in the form when I redner it in Workspace. I have even tried with a simple show/hide form in a test workflow and the problem is still there.

Do you have more ideas I can try out?

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Denmark

Level 10
Have you tried a new form, with the settings from the Tool and File menu set properly to see if it works with new forms?

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Yes - I followed your guidelines (set defauland still I have dont get any dynamics in the xdp when I render it in Workspace. If I try to set "override the default rendering" to "Acrobat PDF 8 dynamic" I still get the "Stream does not represent a PDF document" error in the logs when I use a new simple form (see below).<br /><br />exception: flex.messaging.MessageException: ALC-WKS-005-028: A problem occurred in the Render Service. Please review the render orchestration for this process.<br />2007-11-08 08:33:31,436 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] [ERROR] Root cause: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:210)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doRequired(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:259)<br /> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor535.invoke(Unknown Source)<br /> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br /> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)<br /> at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)<br /> at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)<br /> at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:335)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)<br /> at $Proxy199.doRequired(Unknown Source)<br /><br />This seems to be caused by:<br /><br />Caused by: com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.RenderFormException: Stream does not represent a PDF document.<br /> at com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.core.cos.CosDocument.init(CosDocument.java:381)<br /> at com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.core.cos.CosDocument.<init>(CosDocument.java:135)<br /> at com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.core.cos.CosDocument.newDocument(CosDocument.java:189)<br /> at com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.pdf.document.PDFDocument.<init>(PDFDocument.java:308)<br /> at com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.pdf.document.PDFDocument.newInstance(PDFDocument.java:240)<br /> at com.adobe.pdfdocumentmanager.client.SharedPdfDocumentContext.toPDFDocument(SharedPdfDocumentContext.java:657)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.utils.CommonGibsonUtils.PDFDocumentFromDocument(CommonGibsonUtils.java:94)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.SnapIn.PDFForm.PDFFormCache.mergeDataWithCache(PDFFormCache.java:65)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.SnapIn.PDFForm.PDFForm.renderFromCache(PDFForm.java:351)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.Controller.doXFARender(Controller.java:598)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.Controller.doRender(Controller.java:494)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.Controller.render(Controller.java:131)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.FormServer.renderForm(FormServer.java:191)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.FormServer.renderForm(FormServer.java:256)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderForm(FormsDocService.java:446)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderForm(FormsDocService.java:405)<br /> at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderPDFForm(FormsDocService.java:109)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)<br /> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br /> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)<br /> ... 162 more<br /><br />I don't know if there is something that I have overlooked in the setup of the renderPDFForm service when it comes to dynamic fields.<br /><br />Hope you can make any sense out of this.<br /><br />Sincerely<br /><br />Kim Christensen<br />Dafolo A/S<br />Denmark

Level 10
What are you settings for the renderPDFForm call?

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again Jasmin

The settings for my renderPDFForm variable that I use (I guess this is what you mean by "call") is the following:

Formurl - task - Formurl

inDocData - task - Form Data

targetURL - Custom Configuration - targetURL

user agent - Custom Configuration - user agent

The in variable is an xfaform like we talked about in another post.

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Denmark

Level 10
That look good.

Can you try to save your XDP as a dynamic PDF and point to that PDF within the xfaForm variable and see if that works better. I suspect something wring with the way your xdp was saved.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Example Situation:

Question:

What environments would you like?

Answer Choices: DEV or UAT or PROD or ALL

I would like advice on setting dynamic fields based on the answer selected.

Thank you,

richard