Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Worbench on Vista 64Bit

Level 2
Hi,

I realized a strange behaviour with workbench on Vista 64Bit. Installation works fine and workbench starts, but the process editor view stays grey.

I checked the system requirements and Vista 64Bit is not listed (see below). Can anyone confirm this behaviour? Has anyone a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

System Requirements for Workbench ES:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 and above (32 bit)

Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC SP2 and above (32 bit)

Microsoft Windows Server® 2003 SP1 (32 & 64 bit)
11 Replies

Level 10
I'm using Vista 64 bits (and a few others) and we don't have any issue.

Are you able to login? Do you see the list of processes in the process tab. Is it just the process editor that's grayed out?

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

Do you know if Workbench ES work on Windows 7-32 bit? I was able to install it but when I launching the app, the pool and its swimlane were greyed out or its title does not show on new or existing process. I was able to rename it but it still does not show in the process.

I also try to apply the SP3 but it did not go thru, I got error at the Summary part:  "Summary not available. This may be a result of an invalid summary type request --eg. requesting an install summary whan an unistall has occurred."  Note this is is a brand new installation on the new PC that never has any workbench ES installed.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Level 10

We don't support Windows 7 32 bit for Workbench ES.

We will support it for Workbench ES2 SP1.

Now, on thing that might help is to install it on a different directory than Program Files. This folder has some security settings that might have an effect on Workbench.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

You are right about install the workbench ES on a different directory other than Program Files. I uninstalled it from the Program File and installed it on a  root directory like "d:\" and it works fine which I can now see the Pool and Swimlane name in workbench ES tool. However, I tried to apply the Workbench ES SP3 but keep getting error at the Summary part. It looks like it did not allow me to go to the next part of installation that told me that the applying SP3 was not sucessful. Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Han Dao

Level 10

That I don't know.

You would have to check with support.

Sorry.

Jasmn

Level 2
Hi Jasmin,

I'm able to log in, view processes in the process tab and I also can open the processes for editing, but the process editor is grayed out.

I see the button "activity", "User", "Subprocess" and so on, but not the area with the process.

In the logfile is no error.

Michael

Level 10

The same problem has happened to me a month ago.

Do you have Microsoft Office 2010 (beta) installed on your machine?

If so, the designer will work but you cannot create/edit processes. But still you can work with Form Designer.

After uninstalling MS Office 2010 beta it worked for me.

Just to make sure, I re-installed the MS Office again and got the same issue.

Nith

Employee

The problem is with InfoPath and Groove.

You can have Office 2010 on your machine - just don't install those components. This has already been logged as a Workbench bug.

Level 10

You are correct! The Office 2010 beta came with a complete package and I chose full installation.

Thanks for the tips!

Nith

Former Community Member

Hello,

Thanks for all replies. I just noticed that the problem does occur on the PC that has MS Office 2003 as well. I uninstalled MS Office 2003 then Workbench ES works fine on Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit which I can see the pool and its swimlane labels. Also if MS Office tools is installed prior to Workbench ES then it will cause issue of applying Workbench ES Service Pack 3. Just want to share with you all.

Han Dao

Level 2
Here are two solutions for the problem:

1. Run the Workbench as Administrator

2. Don't install it in the "Program Files" folder.

Michael