Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Using Submit e-mail Button on forms

Former Community Member
I can create and send a fill-in PDF form using LiveCycle but when it's received it's in an xml format and very hard to read. Is there a way that when received it still look like the PDF that was filled in?

Appreciate any help. Thanks
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Look into parsing the xml with php,asp or coldfusion into HTML to make it look the same or similar.

Former Community Member
I need to know how to email a form to more than one person via the "Email" button. I have tried various versions of the mailto:johnsmith@abc.com and when I click on my "Submit" button, it's either only directed to the first name in the "mailto:" option, or it creates separate emails for each person I've listed. I want one email directed to more than one person. Can anyone help me?

Level 7
>I can create and send a fill-in PDF form using LiveCycle but when it's received it's in an xml format and very hard to read

You should load the XML data back into the original form and it will

not be hard to read at all. This is what it is for.

If you don't have the product "LiveCycle Form Manager", you probably

want to post in the "LiveCycle Designer" forum.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Asndi, Thanks for your reply. From your post, how do I "load the XML data back into the original form" when the recipient didn't create the original PDF fill-in form to begin with?<br />What he receives through the "e-mail submit button" method is something like the following example; <br /><br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <br />- <topmostSubform><br /> <undefined>Don</undefined> <br /> <Address_1>22 Roberts Road, Some City</Address_1> <br /> <Address_2>555 555-5555</Address_2> <br /> <Names_of_Family_Members_Playing_1>Some Name 1</Names_of_Family_Members_Playing_1> <br /> <Names_of_Family_Members_Playing_2>Some Name 2</Names_of_Family_Members_Playing_2> <br /> <Names_of_Family_Members_Playing_3>Some Name 3</Names_of_Family_Members_Playing_3> <br /> <Names_of_Family_Members_Playing_4>Some Name 4</Names_of_Family_Members_Playing_4> <br /> </topmostSubform><br /><br />I would like to have this come out in a PDF format for him to read, like the orginal form that was filled in. Is that possible?<br />Thanks

Level 7
>Asndi, Thanks for your reply. From your post, how do I "load the XML data back into the original form" when the recipient didn't create the original PDF fill-in form to begin with?

Open the original PDF in Acrobat (not Reader).

Save the XML attachment to disk.

Use Import Form Data in Acrobat.

>I would like to have this come out in a PDF format for him to read, like the orginal form that was filled in. Is that possible?

You could submit to a web server, which reconstructed a PDF with

Adobe's server product line.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
I am having the same problem how do load xml data back to the original?

Level 1
You have no idea how much you have helped me, Aandi. Thank you!