Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Using process variables in subprocesses

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have a large process which I would like to decompose into smaller sub processes (e.g. a process that renders a pdf and sends it to a user) which I then can invoke in a orchestration of all the small workflows. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

I have set some input and output variables for the subprocess, but in the Workbench no fields for these names appear. I guess this is the way to provide the subprocess with input and output values but I need to do some more setup of the variables I guess however I am not sure what to do.

Sincerely

Kim Christensen
4 Replies

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

I just found out what was wrong. Apparently theer is a bug in the Workbench. When you add a sub process in your larger process you must have set all your input/output variables for the subprocess first. Otherwise the Workbench will only recognize that ther is a new input/output variable not what type or what name it has in the subprocess.

I you encounter this problem, just delete the old ssub process and replace it with a new one and it will work.

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Level 2

hi,

I have created two processes - main process and a subprocess.

Now i have added the subprocess to the end of my main process. Tell me how to use the form data values of Main process in the subprocess ..?

Is ther anyone to help me ...?

thanx

Balaji

Level 10

1. Create a form variable in sub process. (It must be marked as Input)

2. When you add your subprocess to the main process, in the property panel, map your form variable (i.e the main process's form).

Thats all you need to do!

Nith