Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using hostContainer with LiveCycle form

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I want my air application to communicate with the pdf file that it is hosting.

With acroforms it is possible to use hostContainer method but in LC forms I didn't manage to use it.

Anybody has an idea?

Thanks, Rbuz
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Rbuz,

I am interested in this too. Last I heard (which was a very long time ago when AIR was still Apollo) interactive PDFs couldn't be hosted in an AIR app (I think the reason was that AIR only had a very simple PDF render engine).

John.

Former Community Member
Rbuz,

I just found this article which seems to contradict my earlier statement (about interactive PDFs in AIR apps).

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/index.html?content=PDF_1.html

(It seems that AIR uses the Reader / Acrobat plugin to render the PDF, so there should be no limitation on the content).

I assume you've added the Adobe LiveCycle Form Bridge to the LiveCycle form?

John.

Former Community Member
John,

You can easily render interactive pdf form in air application using htmlLoader :

What I'm looking for is how to communicate between air app. and my LC pdf form that it hosts, it is working with hostContainer method in case I'm using acroform but I don't know if it possible with LC PDF form.

Rbuz.

Former Community Member
Trying dragging and dropping the "Adobe LiveCycle Form Bridge" object from the Custom tab in the Object library.

I assume this should work as it creates a hostContainer and is the same bridge used for Form Guides or HTML forms (I use Form Guides and the HTML template used to render them calls the hostContainer).

Hope this helps,

John.

Former Community Member
John,

when using form bridge, how do I apply a message received from the container to field into pdf?

Yan.

Former Community Member
I haven't used the bridge directly (I use it indirectly when it is embedded into a LiveCycle PDF document rendered by Forms ES and called from a Form Guide) but I would assume that it should work exactly the same as calling an AcroForm's hostContainer.

Former Community Member
Rbuz,

I have the same question with you.

I use hostContainer in LiveCycle Designer.but it doesn't work!

Did you have resolved this problem? Can you tell me?

Thanks!

Jasper.

Former Community Member
Thanks man!

I have fixed my problem,thank you again!

Jasper.