Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Using C# to Read Field Names

Former Community Member
I'm using a 3rd party tool (PDF4Net) to read the field names of PDF docs created using LiveCycle. When I examine a form's field.Name property I typically get a name string such as "F[0].P1[0].SSN[0]". What I actually want is just "SSN". Are there any modifications that can be made in LiveCycle to allow PDF4Net to return just "SSN"?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
That tool is reading the AcroForm name .....it is not a LiveCycle issue so to answer your question No there is nothing you can do.

Former Community Member
Paul - Thank you for your reply. Third-party apps aside, what would be your recomendation to allow our C# app to reference a field name directly without having to prepend the form's structure?

Former Community Member
You can't the field structure is part of the native PDF field name when it is created (that is the way it works). You are accessing the PDF name natively (not the XFA name) ..that is what is exposed through the APIs.