Expand my Community achievements bar.

User adds text in the middle of text paragraph?

Former Community Member
My form has a paragraph of uneditable text. I want the user to be able to add word(s) in the middle of the sentence.

For example, if I have a static text setence, "John worked for ______, who is in the retail industry". the "_____" are they would be able to type in a company name. The spacing would adjust based on what they typed into the field.

What is the best means to do this? I have LiveCycle Designer 8.0 and usting a Dynamic form.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
You are asking for a floating field. LiveCycle supports floating fields in that I can have a field in the middle of my text and when I merge data into that field as the form is being rendered, the text will reflow to take away any spaces that may appear. In your example if John worked for "a large multinational company" instead of "ABC Company" you can see that reflow is required.

This is not available for interactive forms unless you want to collect the information, create a data file, then re-render the form with the collected data as a merged data file with the template.

In an interactive environment, you can split the text into multiple objects and put a Text Field that the user can type into (without a caption and no appearance), but you will end up with white space around the text as described in the earlier paragraph.