Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

url links from image fields

Former Community Member
I re designed a form in designer vs acroforms for its flexibility with text formatting, etc.

In original document I had two buttons that used an image for the icon and linked to a URL. The properties allowed me to do this all within one dialog box.

In livecycle there is no longer and option I see in the properties box for BUTTON or IMAGE to use an image for the look of the button and provide an OPEN LINK option for the user.

How can I do the same thing in LiveCycle designer?

thank you
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You can layer an image below the button (send the image to back) and set the buttom properties without a border, no caption and no fill. That way the button is transparent and you can still program against its click event. Make the button the same size as the image. Then on the click event use this command app.launchURL("http://www.adobe.com")

Former Community Member
Thank you for the help Paul, I get everything here except specifically how to create a click event.

What tool do you use to add a click event to the button? I am not seeing a place to add the script you provide.

db

Former Community Member
In the hierarchy view make sure the button has focus. If the script editor is not present hit Ctrl-shift-F5 (or under the Window menu choose Script Editor). By default it will be between the drawing palette and the tool bars at the top of the screen. You can create script for each object on the screen. In your case you have chosen the Button so you are writing scritp on that button object. On the top left of the script editor are the events that can be scripted for the selected object. Choose the click event. On the far right there are two dropdowns. The farthest one on the right allows you to select where ther script will run - choose client. Beside that dropdown there is a language selection. By default it is set to FormCalc, change it to Javascript.

Now paste the code into the script window and PreView it again. When you click the button your code will run.

Former Community Member
Again, thanks for the great Script 101 lessons. I have enough to be dangerous now.

I have decided for our purpose that I will add the button image and outline in the "artwork", the original word document so all I have to be concerned with is the invisible link to the url.

I appreciate your help.

dbrady@danapoint.org