Expand my Community achievements bar.

Urgent! Need to add landscape pages at runtime

Former Community Member
Hello,

I am trying to start the user off with one page with portrait orientation (defined by a master page) and if needed present a 'page 2' with landscape orientation. Nothing I do works and this problem is keeping us from going to production. I can provide more details as needed. Please help!

Regards,

JM
5 Replies

Former Community Member
You can set up the first master page to be Portrait. Then, select View > Master Pages. Select Insert > New Master Page. Set one master page to portrait. Set the second master page to landscape. Go back to the Body Pages. Select the parent subform. In the Object palette, click the Subform tab. From the Place list, select On Page > [page], where [page] is the name of master page 2. Your form must be set to "flow" content (and therefore is a dynamic form). See "Example of assigning a page layout to an interactive or static form design" in the help.

Former Community Member
Thank you for your reply Shari!

You described exactly a configuration I have explored. The problem I had with this configuration is that a blank Master Page2 (the landscape page) ALWAYS appears when the form is loaded - although it appears blank. When the user generates the event to add the landscape page to the document, the landscape page (Master Page2) changes from blank to the form I want to see. I do not know how to keep the landscape page from showing up until after the user has requested that it be shown. My configuration is how you have described above - maybe I am leaving out something small but important.

Any further info would be appreciated.

Regards,

JM

Former Community Member
This is maybe a new topic, but what exactly is the difference between a master page and a body page? Why would I use one or the other?

Former Community Member
Can you ensure the Master Page 2 "Restrict Page Occurrence" is deselected (cleared)?

To find out more about master and body pages, the help is a good place to start. You can use master pages for headers and footers. You may want to use a different master page for a form that's printed versus one that's used online. You can have the first page set to be portrait and the remainder of the pages landscape. There is a good sample that comes with the product that shows this (Program Files\Adobe\Designer\EN\Samples\E-Ticket).

Former Community Member
>Can you ensure the Master Page 2 "Restrict Page Occurrence" is deselected (cleared)?

Yes, Master Page 2 "Restrict Page Occurence" is deselected.

Regards,

JM