Replies

_SekharN_

_SekharN_

_SekharN_

23-01-2008

It is not a difficult task. I have done this kind of coding my self in many forms. If you do not mind can you email your copy of template at "meetsekharv at yahoo.com". I will try to fix it for you. Include brief description too.

SekharN

_Fisher_Zoe_

_Fisher_Zoe_

_Fisher_Zoe_

30-09-2008

I have a similar issue - only I need the XML and the PDF to attach to the same email upon submission - any ideas?

Zoe

_SekharN_

_SekharN_

_SekharN_

30-09-2008

just an idea, will that work if you print XML to email Body text instead of attachment and attach PDF to the same email?

Let me know if that is an option. Be aware that the user can read and modify XML in this case before he/she click on email send button.

_Fisher_Zoe_

_Fisher_Zoe_

_Fisher_Zoe_

01-10-2008

Thanks SekharN - I think I can propose that to the users, how would I achieve that?

Thanks!

Zoe

_SekharN_

_SekharN_

_SekharN_

01-10-2008

use this in a button click event.<br />//capture present XML in a variable<br />var printXML = xfa.data.saveXML();<br />//do the following if you want to print part of the XML<br />var startAt = printXML.indexOf("<SendXML");<br />var endAt = printXML.indexOf("</SendXML");<br />printXML = ""+printXML.substring(startAt, endAt+11)<br />//11 is length of the XML tag may have to adjust this based on<br />//end results.<br /><br />var subj = "email with XML and PDF";<br />//following composes email with PDF attachment<br />event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:person@company.com?&body=following is the final XML<BR>"+printXML+"<BR>&subject="+subj,cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});<br /><br />Good Luck,<br />Sekahr

_Fisher_Zoe_

_Fisher_Zoe_

_Fisher_Zoe_

07-10-2008

Exactly like you said - my users are having 'data integrity' issues with this solution. If it is in the body of the email, any idiot could change it, even if just accidently.

Any other suggestions?

Zoe

_SekharN_

_SekharN_

_SekharN_

08-10-2008

You could consider composing two emails one with PDF and other with XML attachment but again the drawback is user have to remember to click send button on two of the emails.

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:person@company.com?&body=XML Attachment&subject=XML Attachment", cSubmitAs:"XML",cCharset:"utf-8"});

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:person@company.com?&body=PDF Attachment&subject=PDF Attachment", cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

Other alternative could be just composing one email with XML attachment and then recreate the PDF on the LiveCycle server using the XML received.

Mancini21

Mancini21

Mancini21

25-08-2009

Hi Guys,

It's not possible to do something like this?

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:person@company.com?&body=XML Attachment&subject=XML Attachment", cSubmitAs:"XML","PDF"});

submiting the xml and the pdf in same e-mail instead of sending two e-mails?