Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Textarea

Former Community Member
I know you can take a textbox and make it grow and have it mulitline and such.. but is the anything that allows bullets, tabbing, special characters, etc.? Like a memo box or something? something that maybe emulates a wordpad view?

Thanks,
5 Replies

Former Community Member
You are describing word processor functions....it is not a word processor. You can copy and paste into that area but there is no provision to enter it.

Former Community Member
Is there a way you can paste the information into the field without it removing tabs, bullets, etc. ?

Former Community Member
I believe it will maintain the bullets and special chars but I am not sure about the tabs. Try it and see.

Level 9
Do the following:

Create a text field.

Make it bigger (vertically).

On Object/Field

click "Allow Multiple Lines"

Set Field Format to "Rich Text"

On Layout Palette

click Expand to fit (under the Height field)

Click on Preview tab

Click on the field

Press Ctrl E

This will allow you to enter text changes, bold, italics, indents, justification, etc. Ctrl-B and Ctrl-I also work. Unfortunately there is no support for bullets or autonumbering.

You will also notice that if you enter more text than will fit, you will get scrollbars. If you tab out of the field, it will grow to expand so that all the text is visible.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
This is a lot better than what I had.. when I past a word document with bullets it makes the first list item a bullet but others are then numbered.

How do i actually add the indents (tabs) without cutting and pasting?