Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Text Field Box to print without border

Former Community Member
I have been searching this forum for hours and have found many other people who have had the same issue but I have yet to find an answer that works with me. I want to create a Text Field box and have it so when I print it out it will only print the words and not the surrounding box... Simple enough? Well, not for me I guess! Thanks so much,

Nick
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Here's one way:

In the prePrint event for the text field, add this JavaScript:

ui.textEdit.border.edge.presence = "hidden";

And in the postPrint, add this script:

ui.textEdit.border.edge.presence = "visible";

This will hide the border while the form is being printed.

Former Community Member
steviex, i have tried this. I guess there is something i am not doing correctly. Can i email you the .tds file and you can look at it to see whats wrong? thanks so much!

Former Community Member
Hi Nick - one thing I forgot to mention is the form must be dynamic - make sure when you save the form you select "Adobe Dynamic XML Form" (or XDP) and check in Form Properties that the preview type is set to Dynamic XML Form.

Former Community Member
The only options I have under preview type are interactive form and print form. I am currently running CS2. Is there something more I can do?

Thanks, Nick

Former Community Member
stevex, i reciently upgraded to 7.1 and still do not see that option. can you email me at nickfontenot@gmail.com and we can chat that way?

Former Community Member
Will the script change if the borders I want to hide are from a numeric field? It works when I use it for text fields but it doesn't with numeric ones. Please help